DanTay’s Nutella Donut Recipe
Baked, yes baked cinamon donuts with a hot Nutella centre.
Things that will be used:
– Large Size Muffin Tray
– Piping Bag
– Electrical Whisk
– Pastry Brush
– 2 cups of self raising flour
– 2 tablespoons of white sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
– 3 tablespoons of canola oil
– 2 large eggs
– 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence (Feel free to use vanilla extract)
– 1 cup of skim milk (or milk of your choice)
– 1/2 cup of slightly melted Nutella
– 1 tablespoon butter, melted
– 1/2 cup of white sugar
– 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. If your muffin tray is not non-stick, feel free to spray a cooking oil so the donuts wont stick.
2. Using a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
3. Once combined, make a well in the centre and add the eggs, oil, vanilla essence & milk.
4. Whisk the batter till it’s light and fluffy and all of the ingredients are combined.
5. Spoon the batter into your muffin tray. Make sure you only fill each muffin mould to about half way as they will rise.
6. Bake for about 10 mins (Fan forced). They need to have a slight golden brown to the tops of them. Switch off the the oven and let them sit for up to 5 mins. Combine the sugar & ground cinnamon in a large bowl, while you wait. Get your melted butter & brush ready.
7. Transfer the donuts over to a cooling rack. Lightly coat the donuts in the melted butter.
8. Dip the wet donuts in the cinnamon sugar and place them back on the rack.
9. Fill a piping bag with the Nutella. Use a narrow nozzle and push it into the centre of the donut.
10. Fill each donut until they expand a little and then you’re done!
Hope you give it a go and let me know how you went as well!